- air conditioning repair Chicago
- Bridgeview air conditioning
- Bridgeview heating and cooling
- Chicago Air Conditioning
- Chicago air conditioning
- Chicago cooling
- Chicago furnace repair
- Chicago Heat Pumps
- Chicago heating
- Chicago hvac
- Chicago hvac repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heating and Cooling Tips
- heating repair Chicago
- HVAC service
- HVAC Service and tagged 24 heating and cooling
- hvac service Chicago.
So, you just had a new central air conditioning system installed in your home. Hopefully the Chicago heating and cooling company you used as your contractor gave you instructions about the ongoing maintenance your new system needs. Here at 24 Heating & Cooling we always do that, but some other companies might not. Or, you might have received oral or written maintenance instructions, but now you’ve forgotten or lost them. We want you to get the maximum benefit from your new system. So just in case, here are a few important things you need to know about maintaining your new central air conditioning:
- Your new system should be efficient and easy to operate, but that doesn’t mean you can just turn it on and forget about it. Most of the time you’ll be able to kick back and relax in your cool, comfortable home, but you’ll need to arrange for regular maintenance calls by a professional Chicago HVAC company. During a maintenance appointment, your service technician will clean and closely inspect your system, looking for any issues that might be developing. That way they can be fixed before they turn into a major headache. Regular maintenance performed by an expert will help keep your system running efficiently, extend its lifespan, and reduce your overall repair costs.
- You’ll also need to do a little minor maintenance (VERY minor) yourself in order to help keep your system running smoothly. The maintenance we’re talking about here takes under five minutes a month. It’s changing your air filter, and it’s really easy to do – no particular skills or special tools are required. The filter in your system protects its moving parts from damage caused by dust, pollen and other airborne particles. Air filters are cheap and they’re easy to replace, but you need to do it regularly because they trap lots of dust and debris. A filter that’s overly dirty restricts air flow. When that happens, your air conditioner won’t run efficiently or cool your home as well. Plus, clogged air filters cause a lot of air conditioner breakdowns. Replace yours regularly – once a month or whenever you notice it’s getting dirty, whichever comes first.
- Listen and watch for developing problems. If something doesn’t sound right or your unit stops cooling your home as effectively as before, call your professional Chicago HVAC company right away. More than likely, the problem won’t go away on its own. In fact, it will probably continue to get worse until it’s been repaired.
Please feel free to call us if you need a new unit, your current system is due for maintenance or service, or if you have any questions. We’re the Chicago heating and cooling company you can always count on.