- air conditioning repair Chicago
- Bridgeview air conditioning
- Bridgeview heating and cooling
- Chicago Air Conditioning
- Chicago air conditioning
- Chicago cooling
- Chicago duct cleaning
- Chicago furnace repair
- Chicago Heat Pumps
- Chicago heating
- Chicago hvac
- Chicago hvac repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heating and Cooling Tips
- heating repair Chicago
- HVAC service
- HVAC Service and tagged 24 heating and cooling
- hvac service Chicago.
If you live in Chicago, you know how important Chicago air conditioning is during the hot summer months. Having reliable HVAC service during the summer months is very important when you live in an area that can experience extreme temperatures. However, it is even more important for those who are more susceptible to heat strokes such as the elderly. The elderly in Chicago depend on their Chicago cooling unit to keep their homes cool during the summer months when temperatures can reach unbearable levels for the elderly. The elderly are more prone to heat related fatalities due to several reasons:
- Senior citizens are more likely to take more medications than younger individuals are. Side effects from these medications may interfere with the body’s ability to regulate body temperature.
- After the age of 65, the body gradually loses its natural ability to regulate body temperature making senior citizens more prone to heat strokes or heat exhaustion.
- Heat related weakness might make other medical issues more severe.
Because of the dangers of heat related illnesses for the elderly, the importance of air conditioning in Chicago becomes clearer. Preventative HVAC maintenance is important to make sure that the elderly have sufficient air conditioning during the summer to avoid heat fatalities. In addition to making sure that your elderly friends and relatives have working air conditioners, you can help avoid heat related problems by making sure they take care of themselves.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Water is best but juices are also good.
- Stay away from alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
- Stay inside during the hottest part of the day or during extreme heat.
- Wear clothes made from natural fibers such as cotton. Wear light colors and loose clothing.
- Keep temperatures in the home below 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When you do go outside, wear sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Do not wait outside for longer periods of time for transportation such as a bus or taxi – – wait indoors where it is cooler.
- Be aware of the warning signs of heat stroke – – nausea, headache, dizziness, confusion, rapid pulse, flushed face and high body temperature. Call for help immediately if you or someone you know begins to exhibit these signs.
When you scheduled your annual HVAC maintenance, schedule an appointment for your elderly relatives or neighbors to make sure they are protected from the heat this summer.